mikehealy5's GT progress thread (plenty pics)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great zorst!!!!!!!!!!!, going to get Longlife in Hoole to remove my backbox n fit tips to mine, love the lights.

got a bit bored last week so i ordered some yellow silicone hoses to tart up the engine bay, this how it ended up..........

i really want to spray the boost pipe yellow but im not to sure how i can take it off as it looks like its plastic welded on at one end.
has anyone ever removed this part before???

just on small update on the induction side. my old filter was getting a bit tired so it was time to buy a new one. after much thought I bought the ASH twin cone filter as I liked the looks and didnt want the standard setup. when it arrived I though jesus its a bit big. lol but ASH had told me id be better with this filter instead of a single cone maily due to the fact I have a fmic so engine soak wouldn't be a massive issue. The filter wouldn't fit where I had my old one so it had to be moved. all I need to buy now is a heat shield to help prevent soak. here are a few pics.

20130911_210854_zps8c20966a.jpg

20130912_212746_zps93ba9466.jpg

20130912_212810_zps9ddfb8eb.jpg

20130912_212805_zpsd02f31c2.jpg

also I as some of you know o bought an RS cup spoiler the other day and will be painting it sometime next week. its going to be a little different so keep your eyes peeled :D

Mike, get the gt up to the unit one night next week we can have a look at sorting that filter out properly :p

oh I know.lol it needs trimming and the caf sorting. that would be a great idea mate cheers. im goning to get alloy pipes for it to sort it out.

thats one mighty fine looking engine bay...

where did you get the hoses from?? i've noticed Ktec have some for sale on their website?

Unsure on the plastic boost pipe, i looked into having this coloured but from the front it doesnt seem difficult to remove!! let me know if you solve it!

yeah the front half is just a very tight clip that pings off. the problem I had was the clip is under so much pressure you cant get it back on so I had to jubilee clip it. It's the other side of that pipe I cant get off near the fire wall. I looks like its melted on ( plastic welded).

the hoses I bought from auto sillcone hoses (Ash) but like any other decent sillcone supplier they tend not to stock large sizes in yellow.

mikehealy5":1zgljqgh said:
133_Ads":1zgljqgh said:
Bumper off, attach to end of intercooler :roll:

that could work. never done that before but its worth looking into.
Erm. If the filter was attached to the intercooler, what would the intake side of the turbo be doing :?