• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Twingo Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Rear Diffusers - Wanted List

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you all could approach a half decent fibre glass /composites body kit company or something of the sorts and get them to make a diffuser and give them freehand on it's design whilst keeping it similar in looks to the original using the standard bumper to create the dimensions required instead of trying to track down a diffuser that doesn't really exist to make a mould from. create a list, get some form or organisation going where people will put down some form of small deposit each as a firm persuader for the company to start work?

In Germany we have TÜV to pass ....they are very strict with their laws ....wish we have MOT like u guys there.

Think there is just Switzerland which is more stricter than Germany.

THEY FORBID MOTORSPORTS !!!!!

Twingogangster83":ppsmg3wq said:

I know that feeling! :D

On topic:
Did anybody here consider making a mold of the outer side of the diffuser when fitted?
Would be the perfect form I guess and you could shape the inner side by hand.
Maybe this would be a workaround!?

Phil":2up7qrmx said:
Twingogangster83":2up7qrmx said:

On topic:
Did anybody here consider making a mold of the outer side of the diffuser when fitted?
yes two or three people or companies tried but they ended up a little bit defeated it seems, and it took an age to get a hold of a diffuser to make the mould from in the first place. they are as rare as hot cakes. the only pheasable way to make a diffuser for a twingo will be to do an aftermarket one with the same shape and look roughly of the OEM one and like i said the only way we'l ever get a diffuser of any sorts is if we all group together and get serious like i said but that really is an effort !

oscar":15jzhn2b said:
Phil":15jzhn2b said:
Twingogangster83":15jzhn2b said:

On topic:
yes two or three people or companies tried but they ended up a little bit defeated it seems, and it took an age to get a hold of a diffuser to make the mould from in the first place. they are as rare as hot cakes. the only pheasable way to make a diffuser for a twingo will be to do an aftermarket one with the same shape and look roughly of the OEM one and like i said the only way we'l ever get a diffuser of any sorts is if we all group together and get serious like i said but that really is an effort !

Don't know if you ever read any old posts but one came up for sale and we all wanted to buy it to send it to a company to reproduce them, which we did.

So WE cannot do anymore and if you read through previous posts you'll find out its difficult to copy due to its shape so you really won't get them the same at all.

And kam racing are still ongoing after the first mould didn't turn out okay. Last time I spoke to Luke they had managed to make a good mould the second time of trying but not ive not heard anything else

I know about the problems of the companies that tried, but they all said that the diffuser is too flexible to make a good fitting mould.
I had a diffuser for my twingo and they are very wobbly.

But if someone took a mould of a fitted one it would maybe be stiff enough to make a decent form.
Anyway if someone owns one he could probably ask for a 1000€ and would still get it sold! :D

Hi Guys.........what are these worth? I may have a diffuser to sell...would need a mint blue rear bumper in exchange - least that way I could lower my price for selling my car and someone on here would be happy.

I know it's rare, and I want one, but I'm not sure I would go to that price. It's any bodies guess is my point :lol: it's clearly not worth to me what it might be to someone else

i'd be happy to buy it for that sharpy, i spoke to a the guy who painted my roof and bumpers for me with the usual black reg recesses front and rear etc etc and he said he'd make me one no bother and said he can do it from scratch if i can give him the original diffuser he will copy it dimensionally. he owns quite a large shop and they make their own body kits on request regularly and also are known for working on higher end cars such as ferarris through insurance. it is all up to you guys who read this, if you all want a diffuser then perhaps you'll give me the thumbs up to go ahead with this and we can get a list organised for numbers so that i can guarantee him X amount of deffinate sales and then discuss it with him properly?

oscar":15om7xxw said:
i'd be happy to buy it for that sharpy, i spoke to a the guy who painted my roof and bumpers for me with the usual black reg recesses front and rear etc etc and he said he'd make me one no bother and said he can do it from scratch if i can give him the original diffuser he will copy it dimensionally. he owns quite a large shop and they make their own body kits on request regularly and also are known for working on higher end cars such as ferarris through insurance. it is all up to you guys who read this, if you all want a diffuser then perhaps you'll give me the thumbs up to go ahead with this and we can get a list organised for numbers so that i can guarantee him X amount of deffinate sales and then discuss it with him properly?

I don't care if he works on ferraris as that means jack shit, two companies have tried and failed because of the same reasons and this guy says he can make one no bother is abit big headed.

Let him do it so we can see him fail I say.

with that sort of attitude waitey you probably don't have much faith in anyone, it was only a suggestion to see who from the list would be interested in trying this and at the end of the day i don't think anyone would believe renault made an overly complicated diffuser in the first place where it was near impossible to copy. it's deffinately possible to suggest the workmanship that went into the attempted moulds was poor, and yes this guys attempts could be poor too but i only wanted to suggest this. just forget i said it though!

The Renault diffuser is thin relatively flexible plastic. Without it being mounted on a bumper, theres no dimensional stability to it. The problem then being any FG mould or pattern part from that mould will be dimensionaly rigid, incorporating and setting any bends as per the mould...

So, your now trying to fit a warped part which isnt anywhere near as flexible as the original :(