RS160 - Twingo Gordini #159

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Messing about last Sunday
13107141945_7dfc58f242_b_d.jpg

MOT test passed today with just a couple of advisory items
1. Standard fitment seatbelt missing
2. Passenger seat(s) missing at time of test

The emissions were touch and go but I knew it was possible for it to pass, as it passed first time at a different garage yesterday afternoon. I booked it in for an emission test, just incase I needed to do a bit of mapping before its MOT, but it was OK :cool:

So, with summer being here :? the summer tyres have gone on instead of the 17s.
13107487494_afa1b4629d_b_d.jpg

13107223765_a28dd7567a_b_d.jpg

13107593734_b2385e6e7f_b_d.jpg

Need to borrow Maggies hammer for the rear arches as ET40 rubs again :evil: I knew they would as I had 1mm to play with and these are 3mm further out. Grid hubcaps arent a direct fit as the hub spiggot pushes them off, needing a bit of Dremel work to the inside of the caps so they fit over the hub.

133_Ads":1kqa765h said:
Where have the other wheels gone Neil?! Not keen on the Rota's :(
The Speedlines still have the winter tyres on them :)

I had photoshopped these a while back and kept comming back to them. You've probably noticed I don't stay with convention :lol:
I don't know the numbers, but they are a shedload lighter than the 17" Cups and a bit lighter than the 2118s

rota's every time! :D although your speedlines are pretty close behind. i certainly didn't expect you to be a rota chap :D

i do like those wheels i would always <3 to have those with massive concave in 17inch T_T

46886_666045166761171_703755955_n.jpg

singlespeed":yvmbadw7 said:
GhostZ":yvmbadw7 said:
i do like those wheels i would always <3 to have those with massive concave in 17inch T_T

46886_666045166761171_703755955_n.jpg
Cool... complete with five stud conversion :p

indeed i just swaped over a megane RS drivetrain :mrgreen:

Kevin cheated and used Photoshop.

I'll probably undo the screw at the top of the arch extensions, which is where it catches, use a piece of wood and resort to Maggi engineering services for the metal bit and then Dremel the extension if that is still going to catch. I only need 2mm right at the top, so not drastic.

Looking really good mate.
with your filter and trumpets.
have you looked at the clio RS2 method. using a box with the filter towards the passenger side . might increase the 'pulse' time a bit

mwalsh":4jq7wpuh said:
Looking really good mate.
with your filter and trumpets.
have you looked at the clio RS2 method. using a box with the filter towards the passenger side . might increase the 'pulse' time a bit
Ive considered an RS2 style inlet, especially since having space on the passenger side, but looking at results on the F4R engines, the ones on TB's havent responded well to them Vs a foam sausage filter.

Rear wheels removed. screws removed from top of arch. Measured between the area thats catching and the inner wheel arch, so I could judge if it moves. A few hits with a 4Lb lump hammer and 5mm movement measured. A liberal spray with underseal before refitting the screws and wheels back on :cool:

Took a few minutes to weigh the wheels whilst they were off

17" Cups with 205/40/17 BF goodrich Profiler G tyres 18.4Kg

Speedline 2118 7x15 with 195/50/15 Continental winter tyres, almost new tread 17.3Kg

Rota Grid 7x15 with 195/50/15 Yokohama AD08 (half worn) 13.3Kg

MovingShadow":9wuwwvft said:
That's quite a good weight difference!
It was noticable just picking them up.
I knew the 2118s were still quite heavy, but they are built as a rally wheel, not a lightweight.