Suspension Lower Balljoint Rubbers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thursto133":2t0ujo5k said:
FYI guys this is also now part of the MOT service so if they're broke it will fail. As mine did and mine were the same as pictured above. Obviously now I have some new ones how long roughly do we think they will last?

That's the unknown. Some people have no issues and they look as new (or at least as new as can be expected and work fine) others have had two sets in three years (I think that's the current record.

Wahoo!!

My parts have arrived. :D
Just need to get it re-booked in now.

I can hear the Honda dealership wooing me back though....
I'm tempted to sell the RS in the new year.

I dont know, I'll probably get it back and change my mind. I do love this little car.
And I'd just be throwing more money down the drain upgrading I suppose. :(

JMR":sggi7ito said:
Wahoo!!

My parts have arrived. :D
Just need to get it re-booked in now.

I can hear the Honda dealership wooing me back though....
I'm tempted to sell the RS in the new year.

I dont know, I'll probably get it back and change my mind. I do love this little car.
And I'd just be throwing more money down the drain upgrading I suppose. :(
so, any updates on fitting now? u happy? slim,

JMR and Dazza, yours both back as new for now?

James I agree. Renault need to sort the part out properly rather than getting every 133 back every few years. Since they haven't done this surely there's a good size market for another company to fill the void?

Mines not in til early December, as I cant get the time out of work and their techs are on a training course, then factor in also that their courtesy cars are not available til 27th Nov.

Will be happy when its done.

does any one know if the new face lift twingo rs has the same lower balljoint rubbers that have been causing trouble with the non face lift twingo rs?

Without looking not sure but they did say it remained mechanically unchanged. I don't think so though as mine were replaced after the facelift came out with like for like

Hi people I went to have my tracking done today so I thought I would ask them just to check the ball joints out

After checking he found both to be gone. This is the second set to go but my car is now out of warranty so I got on to Renault uk who have just informed me that the ball joints have a 4 year warranty with up to 60000 miles

The car is booked into Renault Enfield Friday to have a inspection to make sure the ball joint's have not gone through miss use of the car! It's a bit of a joke that they only lasted 16000 miles

I will have to wait to see what Renault say !!!!!

louis":33wyzb94 said:
Hi people I went to have my tracking done today so I thought I would ask them just to check the ball joints out

After checking he found both to be gone. This is the second set to go but my car is now out of warranty so I got on to Renault uk who have just informed me that the ball joints have a 4 year warranty with up to 60000 miles

The car is booked into Renault Enfield Friday to have a inspection to make sure the ball joint's have not gone through miss use of the car! It's a bit of a joke that they only lasted 16000 miles

The new 1's are upgraded r made better the rubber is solid

Dazza1":blwvpbsy said:
louis":blwvpbsy said:

any pics of the "new" balljoint rubbers?

my both lower arms was changed year ago under warranty, after 12 months and 9000km it"s split again(now out of warranty). :evil: put reclamation to renault and waiting for response... i"m wonder did renault not giving any warranty for parts..... and the biggest problem is that the RS is rare car, so renault dont think that this is a common problem :?

kaskra_1":swzsfa65 said:
my both lower arms was changed year ago under warranty, after 12 months and 9000km it"s split again(now out of warranty). :evil: put reclamation to renault and waiting for response... i"m wonder did renault not giving any warranty for parts..... and the biggest problem is that the RS is rare car, so renault dont think that this is a common problem :?

Hi mate I was told today by Renault uk that the ball joint have a 4 year warranty or 60000 miles so you should be ok get in contact with Renault

slim":czdee9wg said:
Dazza1":czdee9wg said:
louis":czdee9wg said:

any pics of the "new" balljoint rubbers?
Nah I haven't mate sorry

Dazza1":1rblo9vs said:
louis":1rblo9vs said:

Hadn't heard of this before. Where did you find out the new ones are upgraded?

DrDrew":1yvc84yr said:
Dazza1":1yvc84yr said:
louis":1yvc84yr said:

Hadn't heard of this before. Where did you find out the new ones are upgraded?
I looked at mine and had to wait ages cos the parts were on back order

louis":twynpeu0 said:
kaskra_1":twynpeu0 said:

Hi mate I was told today by Renault uk that the ball joint have a 4 year warranty or 60000 miles so you should be ok get in contact with Renault

have been today at renault... they told me that they can give me onle year warranty on parts. and never heard that enyone gave 4years warranty on parts..... :?