Suspension Lower Balljoint Rubbers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lordyb":2dff33g1 said:
I put my RS Silverstone into my local dealer today (ness motors Inverness) and I asked them to check the lower ball joints and low and behold they were severely worn, with only 8500miles.

They replaced them under warranty without even asking, which is great!

I also have my rear silencer exhaust clamp (???) which has broken and making a rattle, so are fixing that under warranty, but they need to order the part!

Great service!
is the silverstone rear exhaust welded or clamped on?

slim":1b8k1a9d said:
Lordyb":1b8k1a9d said:
I put my RS Silverstone into my local dealer today (ness motors Inverness) and I asked them to check the lower ball joints and low and behold they were severely worn, with only 8500miles.

I also have my rear silencer exhaust clamp (???) which has broken and making a rattle, so are fixing that under warranty, but they need to order the part!

Great service!
It's clamped on

Dazza1":3unzv28l said:
slim":3unzv28l said:
Lordyb":3unzv28l said:

Great service!
It's clamped on
cheers.

Hmmm, I wonder.....

Will they or won't they fit :?
$T2eC16hHJGQE9noMcTLWBRDBQn)we!~~60_12.JPG

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BALL-JOI...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item589babb03e

Theres two different ones, with slightly different taper profiles but the big question would be whats the thread size that screws into the wishbone (Hub on the Metro/MGF)
QUINTON HAZELL - QSJ1059S or QSJ1060S being the two

===============================================
Edit - Looks like the main thread is M34x1.5 and the tapers are either 13mm for the QSJ1059S or 14mm for the QSJ1060S.

mrbushrat":3tgepzxx said:
Mm good find! So are these any good then or not?
I havent a clue as I havent got a wishbone or car to measure. If they do fit, then £6-10 seems better than a complete wishbone if Renault stop honouring waranty claims on older cars.

Yeh would be better! My car is 3/5 years old and has 45k on the clock and they need doing. Tempted to order one of each of my local mf and see if they fit next week when I have time off

mrbushrat":1zvxchrt said:
Yeh would be better! My car is 3/5 years old and has 45k on the clock and they need doing. Tempted to order one of each of my local mf and see if they fit next week when I have time off
Would be greatly appreciated if you could try it, would be absolutely amazing if it turned into a nice money saver

Found another that could fit!

Chrysler Horizon 1978 on Matra Simca Bagheera 1974 on Simca 1100 1967-1980

Part no: QSJ263

mrbushrat":1wd48p0o said:
Found another that could fit!

Chrysler Horizon 1978 on Matra Simca Bagheera 1974 on Simca 1100 1967-1980

Part no: QSJ263
Nice find. Is it going to be imperial or metric threads :? If it was Peugeot derived, it could be metric. If its Chrysler derived it will more than likely be imperial. So, that got me thinking and this one appeared

QH- RC492431P- FRONT BALL JOINT LOWER TO FIT TALBOT HORIZON

mrbushrat":2j5n7j4y said:
There is some mgf upper mounts but dont know if u could use them as lower!
The MGF ones are the same as the MG Metro turbo joints with the larger 14mm taper.

Well I have just left my car into Renault, newtownards, Northern Ireland for the same as what's being discuses above. My car has 12000 miles on it and they want to change both lower suspension arms due to the rubbers being shot and play in the joint. My car is out of warranty in June so at least I'm getting it fixes for free this time but when I asked about warranty on the parts being fitted today I was told they come with no warranty as I'm not paying for them, is this correct?? And if so am I on my own to pay the cost if they are away again by next year???

They have told me now they have fixed it that it shouldn't happen again and the car should be good for years to come

Yet to visit a main Renault dealer for the first time, wonder if Leicester is a good one :lol:

My cars just over 2 years old and the exhaust mounts are shot and the rubber trim around the drivers door is coming away.

Also has a slight knocking when turning the wheels and my alignment is badgered on the rear.

My alignment is badgered on the rear due to my local Renault doing a full alignment with a space saver on the back!!