What car will you be buying next?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the reason they're so cheap. Well, until it needs £20k worths work which I've read isn't uncommon. Could be bias though of course, I read it on a forum, but I am also (obviously) aware that cheap cars that were expensive will always have the running costs of an expensive car. I'm sure you're well read up though!

i have been looking at MY02 subaru forester's recently as a 'get stuff done' sort of car for transporting bits and bobs around and for going back and forth through the highlands in winter but i'm struggling to convince myself that it's worthwhile to have a car that i'd only use occasionally and at the peak of winter

maggi112":3qy6a4w3 said:
It's the reason they're so cheap. Well, until it needs £20k worths work which I've read isn't uncommon. Could be bias though of course, I read it on a forum, but I am also (obviously) aware that cheap cars that were expensive will always have the running costs of an expensive car. I'm sure you're well read up though!
Yeah apparently gearboxes suspension and constant leaks from looking at the owners forums all stories of over £5000 at least spent on them

Probably a GT86 or BRZ in 10 years or so when they are silly cheap. Buying new is a mugs game unless you are rich

No it's not a mugs game at all. Buying new is excellent for some people. The car I had before the twingo was brand new and I'd certainly not think twice in the future for a brand new car. Although I admit it isn't worth it if you don't plan on keeping it for any decent amount of time

I didn't think I would be looking (and tbh I'm not) but I do like the look of the new 2 series. Strange how a smaller boot and slimmer headlamps have made an ugly duckling look like a swan

maggi112":1wo1k9jj said:
I didn't think I would be looking (and tbh I'm not) but I do like the look of the new 2 series. Strange how a smaller boot and slimmer headlamps have made an ugly duckling look like a swan

Yes. For me it was just the headlamps on the 1 series coupe. Mrs Araf had a 5 door when they first came out. I hated the headlamps, but it was the driving position that really killed it for me.

I'm waiting on a 2 series gran coupe, if they'll do one. I'm not a BMW fan but i really quite like the look of the car, nicely proportioned, compared to the 3 series which itself is now the size of a boat :p

maggi112":1grcofgm said:
I'm waiting on a 2 series gran coupe, if they'll do one. I'm not a BMW fan but i really quite like the look of the car, nicely proportioned, compared to the 3 series which itself is now the size of a boat :p

I was talking about this at Renault, the other day. The Twingo is really the Clio etc...

Everything is getting bigger, and IMHO not for the good.

However, I was impressed with the 0.9 turbo in the new Clio. Maybe even a dinosaur like me should look at these new small capacity turbo cars....

Araf":3g7y8fcs said:
maggi112":3g7y8fcs said:

I was talking about this at Renault, the other day. The Twingo is really the Clio etc...

However, I was impressed with the 0.9 turbo in the new Clio. Maybe even a dinosaur like me should look at these new small capacity turbo cars....

There's no replacement for displacement.

Small engined turbo cars are abit dull in my opinion.

waitey":2ye193lm said:
Araf":2ye193lm said:
maggi112":2ye193lm said:

displacement is D=π/4 (B)2 x S x N. introduce a higher compression onto the swept volume, therefore there is a replacement for displacement. it is called engineering and forced induction sir

waitey":12l7hhty said:

It's all subjective. I find my Wind dull and that's not a turbo. It serves a purpose, as would a 0.9 litre turbo. :)

oscar":3557008g said:
waitey":3557008g said:
Araf":3557008g said:
maggi112":3557008g said:

displacement is D=π/4 (B)2 x S x N. introduce a higher compression onto the swept volume, therefore there is a replacement for displacement. it is called engineering and forced induction sir

Its a saying, as I said I prefer N/A instead of forced induction.

LC":32wsutd5 said:
Are you thinking of another twingo? Something faster? another renault or something totally different?

Myself I'd love to be able to afford a seat ibiza cupra 1.4 TSI 180

gy8esu8a.jpg

umygaquj.jpg

Or maybe an RX8 and a run about car.

It's funny you say that, I have a new Ibiza Cupra on order as we speak in red.

2 and a half weeks to go.... (Not that I'm counting or anything)