What you thinking for the next car??

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tbh bud if you want to go there go there but there not as good as 172/182 my insurance was 700 on 197 then rose 600 for no reason everywhere .... So sold it and got the twingo loads more responsive like the old 172 but little slower but handles bit better I recon and cheap as chips to insure

ive driven both quite a bit and if you can only afforda 197 you would be dissapointed especially if you can get a cup or a R27, but if you drive a 200 you will find it hard to settle for a 197, jumping from one to the other you wont massively notice a difference but drive both for an hour or so and you will see the difference.

the extra low down torque, shorter 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear, sharper turn in, makes all the difference.

197 and 200s really really need revved much more so than a 172 or 182 so a lot of people test drive them and think hmmm these are no where near as quick as the older ones, as they dont want to be doing 7600rpm gear changes on a test drive but when you own one you will find they are easily just as quick as a 172 in a straight line when on the boil (and i had some quick 172's!!) and cross country they are massively quicker due to the brakes and stability, ive genuinely never felt anything that grips like it mid corner!

however i wont turn this into a 197 vs 200 vs everything else thread!

Well I did a few quotes of late, Gareth's st for under £700 and then I decided I liked a hawk eye scooby, specifically the prodrive 360 one (the stupid long specification/name escapes me) and the quotes came in £800-900.

That said I still just wanna keep the 133

Not sure if i can justify a r27 for £6500
Or this
ECC8A6BC-C8B9-4A0B-9FFB-7A58FC142B92-1375-00000027E988E02E.jpg

For £4000?
Both in excellent condition

Love that 182 though <3

LY 200 Mike ;) i'm not a massive fan of the interior of the 182's :( unless it's a trophy...!

1451.jpg

All trophys are capsium red.. Which is good, cause i want one, but not a red one :) still in love with the r27! Probably mostly for the luxury factor too

BlackTwingo-i":67akr66s said:
really liked martins 200!
Even if he did drive it like a granny!

I'll have you know I got wheelspin today, scared the sweet be-jesus out of me! ;)

My sensible side wants a C30 T5, but there's a 3.2 V6 Alfa GT for sale down the road that's very tempting. Either way, I'll be removing the badges for the traffic light suprise factor. :lol:

Meanwhile in the real world, I've still got 1800 quids-worth of Clio to pay for.