wheels and tyres - What sizes work

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
markhardy":30ap4i4d said:
Anyone know if 195/50/15 7j et37 would fit?
195/50/15 is what I'm running on ET43 and the outer shoulder rubs slightly on the rear going over bumps (But I'l lowered quite a bit). As ET37, they would stick out more, which wouldn't really be an issue at standard ride height and two up except on the largest of bumps/dips. If your lowered, or regularly have the back full, you may need to stretch the rear arch out a bit

I imagine the fronts will still clear

Would 185/55/15 fit with being 7J and ET20?

Keep going back at a set of wheels and the best fit I can find is 15x7 et20, think it would stick out an extra 30mm which I'm guessing is out the arches?

maggi112":7ps9rdp1 said:
Think ollie went 185 for stretch to fit? If that's on his zenders

He has 165s looking back through the thread, might look into rota grid vs in white then and see if I can get a trial for somewhere at some point before buying incase they won't fit well :lol:

Ollie133cup":3aa8isu9 said:
Mine have 165/50/15's on, it doesn't need that size on a 195 would be fine you obviously couldn't go as low.
I'm on the maximum ride height for the BC rear platforms. And, I'm scrubbing slightly at 195/50/15 - 7x15 ET43
As I see it, the choices for going lower or less offset:-
Roll the rear inner arches slightly to clear the tyres.
Use a narrower section tyre stretched onto the rim.

Looking at getting some compomotive fifteen52s I know waitey already asked but he asked about some ET30 ones, if (which I think) I can get hold of some that are ET50 would they fit?
They are 17"x8"
On willtheyfit.co with an offset of ET50 and 195/40/17 they only poke an extra 17.7mm and an extra 7.7mm on the inside which to me seems possible?

Looking at getting some compomotive fifteen52s I know waitey already asked but he asked about some ET30 ones, if (which I think) I can get hold of some that are ET50 would they fit?
They are 17"x8"
On willtheyfit.co with an offset of ET50 and 195/40/17 they only poke an extra 17.7mm and an extra 7.7mm on the inside which to me seems possible?

LCplParks":3jxc0e4n said:
They are 17"x8"

Where have you found ET50?

I went on https://fifteen52.us/shop-2/#!/~/product/category=2510773&id=9633509 and they only do custom offset with 5 stud wheels, the only 4x100s I could find were the ET30 ones and thats direct from their site :(.

From my enquiry with Reflex Auto Design they said that they can usually get hold of anything from ET0 to ET50 without any issues and they're asking to see if it's a possibility :D

195 on an 8" rim will be a stretch. You can guarantee some tears the first time your anywhere near a curb :cry:
https://tyrestretch.com/?s=8.0+195+40+R17+

I'm sure theres more than 8mm clearance between the wheel rim and the body/suspension so that should work.

ET50 should work for the tyre, as its only 5mm different to standard. So, the actual tread will only be 5mm further outboard (plus a mm or so to allow for the stretch).

Don't expect 205/40/17 to fit without any rubbing. It may work, but I' not sure :?

Being as Compomotive are based in Wolverhampton, why not go direct?
https://www.comp.co.uk/info/contact.asp

ah turns out they're not made by compomotive :( so I won't be able to go direct :/ I'll see what RAD say anyway they may well not have them right offset anyways :(

I've had confirmation that 15x7 ET47 Compomotive CXR wheels will fit over the calipers. Not that I need to change the wheels now, as the camber shims and a bit of persuasion to the rear arches has stopped the rubbing. So, the 2118's will be staying :)

i forgot to put this on here 17X7 ET42 195/40/17 (-25mm H&R lowered RS) FITS :D when you turn in the wheel a bank card doesn't fit in that space but still it does not rub on full lock :p but i think this is the limit for the inside i think with 205's rubbing will happen , seems my measuring paid off

u7wt.jpg

That's fine, but what about when there's some weight transfer?

Mine doesn't rub, unless there's weight over the front right. Which I am sorting tomorrow hopefully (hoping the weather is good for it)