Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8m 50s with a passenger. Were they purely a passenger, of giving pace notes for the corners... How much quicker would it be without 70-80Kg of balast.

If it was me, I would be adding about 40Kg for a T45 tubing roll cage and getting rid of the passenger ;) :D

ditch the steel... titanium roll cage!!!! ^_^

quick question, are you using standard rear padS?

Passenger weight doesn't change much, it actually balances the car in the corners as weight is better distributed in left and right. I did 8'49" almost at night without passenger on the same day, but during both laps I was slowed down at 2-3 corners so I can easily drop 3-4 seconds off my current time. Plus, looking back at the video, there are many corners where i should have the balls to go flat out, but I'm no Colin McRae ahahah
Rollcage will come in time, along with a 200hp Clio 3 RS2 engine, AP Racing brakes, etc etc.

Orbital, I use Carbone Lorraine RC6 pads on all four wheels, but will switch back to standard road pads in the next 2-3 weeks depending on weather here in Germany as CL pads really hate salt on the road...

hows your rear discs holding out with them on? mines not going to pass MOT in 3 months time :(

Hoping some Black Diamond Meggie 1.6 disc without bears/abs clip can be added without to much fuss... i hope

Rear brakes are pretty much useless on the 133, they don´t have much braking power, especially when front brakes work properly, so the discs and pads can do thousands of miles without any problem :)

Winter tires and wheels have arrived :D

OZ ist schööööööne ahahahah!

16" Ultraleggera ET35 black with Michelin Alpin4 on it.

I'll definitely take another set in 17" when I'll get the Clio engine in the car, but for next year, i keep my Team Dynamics in 15" for the semi slicks. Maybe i'll put slicks on the 16" OZ for Hockenheim, who knows :D

By the way, somebody was asking for the clearance of the rear AST shock with the car, so here you go!

yotah1":2qyxim43 said:
I'll definitely take another set in 17" when I'll get the Clio engine in the car
less talking, more engine swapping! :)

the OZ are looking great. what's the weight of one rim?

No idea... And engine swap, I´m awaiting some answers from my garage but anyway it won´t be before the end of 2012.

yotah1":2g0okawz said:
I didn´t plan initially to do that much, but when i crashed it at the Ring i just decided it would be a complete track toy.
And it´s more fun to kick other cars´ asses in a Twingo than in a Clio, the smaller the merrier :D

Fair play to you mate, I must admit the 133 is such a great handling car that round any track it'd be a complete laugh. Which let's face it, is what driving fun is all about.

I totally agree with surprising other cars. I enjoy that on the road, let alone out handling something that costs god knows how much more than a Twingo! :)

just a little thing I'm unsure about with a engineswap. Wouldn't the car be to heavy on the front with the clio 197 / 200 engine in the front? I can imagine this would kill the handling quite a bit, as the car would be totally out of balance..

With the weight saved in the back now, the balance is already 60/40 or somethig like that, so not that ideal, but the extra weight can easliy be compensated with proper camber on the wheels, opening in the front and closing in the rear to have the rear end more versatile and easier to put sideways to avoid any understeer. Cup Clio are pretty close to the same weight as my car here in Germany and they have the "big" engine.

Getting the battery and washer bottle relocated to the boot would help. Not massively, but should help a bit as theres not much more that can be easily moved/removed

Is that split 60 front /40 rear the same with just you and also a passenger.

It varies a bit when you´ve got 2 people in the car but honestly you´re seating quite in the middle.

Battery relocation will happen with engine swap (as well as 4 AP Racing brakes, new seats positions, racing steering wheel with lowered steering column), until then, no more mods.

Mr_Ben":2pcuzs95 said:
That's an awesome answer thanks, and yeah you're prob right I used the wrong term. It prob was pad material not warping.

on organic pad compounds you get a transference of material between the pad and disc and this can be uneven when they overheat. As yotah is using the pads from CL Brakes he won't get this as CL Brakes use sintered metal compounds instead (no transference of material)...

yotah1":phyovele said:
It varies a bit when you´ve got 2 people in the car but honestly you´re seating quite in the middle.

Battery relocation will happen with engine swap (as well as 4 AP Racing brakes, new seats positions, racing steering wheel with lowered steering column), until then, no more mods.

you could look at getting a dry sump setup which would enable you to move a bit more weight backwards if you wanted..