Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the way that it's not a direct plug'n'play and with the adjustable top mounts it just is not easy to install. Also, AST doesn't supply any info at all regarding the installation... very clever!

yotah1":ojrcaj24 said:
In the way that it's not a direct plug'n'play and with the adjustable top mounts it just is not easy to install. Also, AST doesn't supply any info at all regarding the installation... very clever!
From the above picture, it may be a trick of the lighting, but it looks like you have a lot of camber on the front. For the price, I would have expected some decent fitting and operating instructions :(

Did the rears go on easily... How much clearance is there between inner arch - shock - wheel?. And what spec wheels are you running?

I have 15" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 with 195/50 R15 Toyo R888 tires on it.

There is a lot of camber on the front, approx 2° with standard mounts and 3° with AST top mounts but I will do a complete geometry this week.
The rear shock is actually the easiest part. Goes in easily, fits perfectly and takes all the space available, with clearance going down to 1mm everywhere :)

Edit :

yotah1":31yufxrm said:
I have 15" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 with 195/50 R15 Toyo R888 tires on it.

The rear shock is actually the easiest part. Goes in easily, fits perfectly and takes all the space available, with clearance going down to 1mm everywhere :)

Do I understand this correctly...

1mm between suspension and wheel arch. Also 1mm between suspension and wheel/tyre, with 7x15 wheels and 195/50/15 tyres. What offset are they, ET35 or do you have ET55 as per standard offset?

With 3deg, your R888's won't last long befor the inside edge is worn away :( Take it very steady if the road is damp or wet, as you won't be able to generate enough grip to allow the car to roll onto the full contact patch. Imagine the contact patch of a pushbike. 2degree on a clasic mini was deadly in the wet and only fun at track speeds

At the rear the clearance is about 1mm with the suspension arms at the bottom, and 1mm with the "screw" which sticks out in the rear wheel arches. At the top, you have approx 2-3 mm clearance for the shock.

I´m using TD Pro Race 1.2 with ET35, so more outside than stock but still clears very well the suspension. I´ll get some pics done when the weather gets better.

As said before, clearance is small but enough between the suspension and the car itself. Clearance with the wheel is big, definitely enough for stock rims.

Reception next week of the interior carbon panels, and later this winter I will get the Cup wing and the hood in carbon fiber too. Then i will focus on the paintjob ...

Suspensions are now properly setup and work perfectly well. Sunday I give it a bash on the Nurburgring to validate everything :)

Full carbon bonnet is about 1k€, fiberglass covered by one layer of carbon is expected at 400€. Can be fitted with stock supports and closing mechanism, or can be mounted with racing closing systems.

Me i will order a fiberglass/carbon one

but actually we have difficulty to find a bonnet of twingo2 ^^

weebob":18nycivm said:
Monster Detail":18nycivm said:
mazmaz":18nycivm said:
Me i will order a fiberglass/carbon one

but actually we have difficulty to find a bonnet of twingo2 ^^

I've got one for sale, mate.
How much?

£75 ono collected. They used to be on eBay for about £140, from memory (new in primer). Not sure how much Karl could get one for.

Would you be respraying it? Because it has a scratch that I've touched up, but apart from that it's in good condition and it's structurally perfect.

we are in france (south) and we need a random twingo 2 bonnet to craft the carbon one ^^

we need it near home for cheap price ;)

Finally fitted the coilies properly and testing them at the Ring tomorrow. I'll have some videos and photos to post.

My carbon parts are made on order by Lhuiller Concept, a guy who supplies all the french rallycar industry and the WRC teams too. I received my first parts today, I´ll take some pictures of it tonight and I will install them later this week.

I came back from the Nurburgring yesterday, completed 12 laps on a very busy day, finished at night actually! The suspensions behaved quite well, even though i still have some setup to modify and I must get some collars to put my front tow bar back in place.

New lap record in 8´50" during the day, dropped it to 8´49"52 at 7pm in a lap where i got slowed down twice by an M3 E30 and a Miata owner.

Video coming soon.