Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little package delivered from Demon Tweeks :D

Sparco wheels straps.

air ducts that I already had, the reinforced rubber ducting that i ruined last year on the curbs… Aerocatch hood latches (love these!!) and some storage nets for the doors.

bolts and washers, always useful!

brake ducts, joining collars (must be adjusted though…) and heat retractable collars too.

Switches for the new windows control panel on the center console, and a strap to hold the car jack in place in the trunk.

rubber mat which will be put in the trunk in some areas where the tools are stored, aluminium center console, some electric connectors

Schroth 6-point harness element, crotch straps for both driver and passenger.

Strap-wrap, to keep the straps wrapped properly when I don't use them.

OMP steering wheel hub + B&G steering column extension + B&G snap-off steering wheel support. Top notch quaslity the B&G products!

B&G snap off steering wheel support

B&G steering wheel adjustable column. Can be adjusted from 25 to 70mm extension.

OMP steering wheel hub.

Steering column assembled :)

God I hate crotch straps :lol:

Would a good place for the air ducts for the brake cooling in the fog light area? That way you wouldn't damage them through the curbs

I want to keep my fogs, and also on one side you have the washer bottle, so it's quite a tight space.

Also, one thing about aero : if you put a hole on a inclined surface (ie the fog area for example), the air doesn't go in very well. That's why my ducts are in the middle, in the front, they stick out quite a bit, and they are very efficient, so I keep this setup until the day I can do a new bumper and really develop the thing completely.
I damaged them last year because they were with ducting which wasn't reinforced, this time I took the strongest I could get, should be better then. Also, they were a bit lower than they will be this year, and finally, I went all the way over a curb (meaning interior wheels were in the grass and exterior wheels were actually touching the curb) so I scratched the whole undercar that day...

I fitted a temporary steering wheel to my steering column and everything goes into the car tomorrow.

431311_3255809747682_1040236748_3209796_339329678_n.jpg

425821_3255812147742_1040236748_3209797_228276612_n.jpg

A bit of work done this weekend :

Removed the dashboard

Installed the steering column + temporary wheel

When removed ( i love to remove my steering wheel, just nuts about that :D )

Bagdad ... accessing all the cables is a pain in the arse, removing the useless ones isn't fun either, and I still haven't taken care of the doors to get the windows controls into the center console...

And all cleaned, polished, waxed (7 layers in total, not including the wheels), it has never looked so clean I believe.

And I've installed the HID kit in the headlamps from Al :)

R2 parts ordered today (except engine mount and airbox which will be for June) but now I slow down, I´m running low on cash :D

yotah1":3m737piw said:
R2 parts ordered today (except engine mount and airbox which will be for June) but now I slow down, I´m running low on cash :D
something you do need in daily life :p

I'm wondering something though.. when you need to go for (what english call an MOT) how do you pass it?

Can't imagine you put everything back to standard?

What about your insurance? Removing your airbags does not pose a problem?

We have an equivalent to MOT in France but it´s after 4 years, so 2014 for me, and by that time, the car will be only for track use, or will be on jacks in my garage!

Regarding insurance, hum well... I have to take the car to an expert so he can list the modifications and certify that the car is not unsafe to drive and then I´ll be still covered and also the car will be paid to its real value (including parts value) if I crash it. But fingers crossed I don´t destroy it ...

if i have an rs like your yotah, when i'm going to revision (1° 4 year after you buy the car, then every 2 years) i'll probably be arrested :mrgreen:

don't you have revision in your country? in italy during revision was checked exhaust's smoke, all lights go, no serious damage etc

We have revisions too, but they usually change your oil, check levels, that´s it. They don´t bother much if you modded your car. And me, I get my service done at Autohaus Kirfel, in Adenau (next to the Nurburgring) and they are the managers for Renault Sport Germany and they launched the Dacia logan Cup also, and they service the Clio Cup cars, so my car actually is almost "normal" to them :D