• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Twingo Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Clio 200 Cup

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordysport":mfi0ot9w said:
I did 1x 10 month policy, which gave me 3 yrs ncb on 1st May. did my test day after my bday. :D
FYI the bonus accelerator schemes are only good for the company you're with. Most other companies will disregard it and probably write off the whole 10 months rather than giving you a years ncb discount.

Ive got two (full) years no claims and i had a bike for a year when i was 16 and has my mam and dad on the policy, theres no way in hell you can get insured for £900 at the age of 19 especially when i pay £1800 for the twingo! :lol: . My mate pays £1100 at the age of 22 with 5 years no claims! unless your on your rents insurance?

Sharpy":hlnc40z3 said:
Ive got two (full) years no claims and i had a bike for a year when i was 16 and has my mam and dad on the policy, theres no way in hell you can get insured for £900 at the age of 19 especially when i pay £1800 for the twingo! :lol: . My mate pays £1100 at the age of 22 with 5 years no claims! unless your on your rents insurance?

never every been on parents insurance, just got a quote rang them up and said their price was a it bit crap (£1100 so said they could do £900) got both parents on, Live in a very good area "A" got Pass Plus and Police training, plus i ride a SV650. if you don't believe me do a quote yourself.

I'm not accusing you of lying at all... But I'd be surprised if you did actually get insurance for that cheap...

I pay £2.5k for the GT. 19, no ncb, under a year driving.

Got quoted £4k on a 1998 GTI-6... so for you to get it that cheap on a 200... I'd be amazed.

A lot depends on where you are etc. When I was 19 with no NCB I got a quote of 1K for a group 15/16 (can't remember exactly) car

It can vary a lot on named driver(s) occupation, limiting mileage etc. And also, insurance stats are updated every minute of the day, so calling/submitting your online form a few minutes earlier/later can change your premium price.

Im 20 and its £890 for a RS 200 Cup but i suppose being female helps me slightly, but my friends 21 and lives in cornwall and it quoted him £2,600!!!! Im guesing small villages in cornwall in a garage would be a good area code

I'm just 20 , 3 years ncb on the twingo £435 and for a Clio 200 £1300 and Meg 250 £1570

Live in middle of no where in Aberdeenshire with cars garaged . Not to bad me thinks although I have better stuff to spend my money on then lining insurance company's pockets....

just find it hard to believe if im honest when i pay almost double that for a twingo!

Is your bike restricted as i want one but have been told you cant have over 33bhp till the age of 21?

Holly you don't get cheaper insurance now its non discrimenating (sp?) so thats about right as your area is close to mine, and pretty much same age etc. so i don't see why people think its soo unbelieveable, got a quote just now out of interest on a Megane 230 F1 which was just over the £1000 mark, again pretty sweet.

Sharpy":sw781lle said:
just find it hard to believe if im honest when i pay almost double that for a twingo!

Is your bike restricted as i want one but have been told you cant have over 33bhp till the age of 21?

Yes i am restricted atm, but its 21 or 2 years restricted, so you could get your license at 17 and be riding an R1 unrestricted at 19. but my restriction is up when i am 21. :)

Jordysport":1suu9z9i said:
Holly you don't get cheaper insurance now its non discrimenating (sp?) so thats about right as your area is close to mine, and pretty much same age etc. so i don't see why people think its soo unbelieveable, got a quote just now out of interest on a Megane 230 F1 which was just over the £1000 mark, again pretty sweet.
That's not in affect until the end of next year so until then, females still get cheapers insurance! :(

Although no two people will get the same quotes, my insurance is due at the end of the month so I've been comparing quotes. I'm now being quoted almost exactly twice the price for a 200 over a 133. This is quite strange seeming as though I had much cheaper quotes when I was insuring my 172. Shows how much it changes!

If you really can get insurance on a 200 then go for it, you won't get a better price.

meganse 250 for just over 1k? theres no wayyyyy that can be for real! i daresnt even get a quote for one haha

what insurance company is this with as they clearly work miracles? haha

Thats who im with :s, they gave me that quote aswell! is yours a multicar quote?

Status
Not open for further replies.