KTEC TURBO TWINGO PROGRESS THREAD

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah dude, i only seen the radiator and in my fleeting glimpse assumed it was the intercooler hahaha what the heck, that's going to be super mate :D

James-Hilton":3jx1udjf said:
Any updates on how this is coming along? Really looking forward to seeing the end results.

I'm having a pretty rough time at work at the moment so the car has taken a bit of a back foot if I'm honest, I should have something for you all to see at FCS but I can't guarantee it will be finished. Looking forward to seeing you all though and I will be doing some club pictures both on and off the track :)

Been speaking to David and with a bit of luck I'll be getting a one off turbo kit installed this Summer! :D

James-Hilton":2b7mduiz said:
Been speaking to David and with a bit of luck I'll be getting a one off turbo kit installed this Summer! :D

sorry for a thread hijack, but you'd be so cheaper going down a megane f4r route i'd say james. you could pick up the engine and transmission + auxilliaries for no doubt less, as it's going to be the same loom which won't require too much adaptation and then it's essentially plug and play

sam666":1euo06mh said:
sorry to be negative but a 225 conversion is far from a plug and play lol

The 197 engine can run off the 133 ecu... That's pretty plug and play

James-Hilton":2u83cnad said:
A one off turbo kit ??? How's that cus mine is the kit that yours would be modelled on ?

Callum-stirling":2jc24l7b said:
James-Hilton":2jc24l7b said:
A one off turbo kit ??? How's that cus mine is the kit that yours would be modelled on ?

Probably a full kit that'll work straight away with no further development needed or waiting on ECUs....

There isn't any further waiting needed it's just me and funds to fix the car to get it back to them lol once it's done it's done, that is the kit all sorted :) xx

sam666":zl4or0la said:
sorry to be negative but a 225 conversion is far from a plug and play lol

not at all, it's really easy. the megane F4R engine is the same as the clio engine only with a different exhaust manifold to house a turbo. the engine mounts are the same, and any OEM renault ecu is capable of handling boost and activating various parameters required to handle forced induction. may struggle to fit in an front mount intercooler as the fan will be a little further forward than normal due to the turbo at the back but that could be a little tricky. i think paul from rs tunning would love to do something like this, the only tricky bit would be getting the ecu to work with the electronic display on the twingo but for folk in the know (not me!) it should be easy enough. would probably pick up a nice omex or something and the megane loom would come with the engine should you wish to use that loom instead.

easy enough to install and get running, but then comes the expensive dyno tuning time to get it spot on this is where the real money will come into play! a turbo k4m could be interesting though i suppose :)

oscar":1f6jz1e9 said:
James-Hilton":1f6jz1e9 said:

sorry for a thread hijack, but you'd be so cheaper going down a megane f4r route i'd say james. you could pick up the engine and transmission + auxilliaries for no doubt less, as it's going to be the same loom which won't require too much adaptation and then it's essentially plug and play
Then it's up to Ktec to do it right with the price of the turbo kit and not make an engine swap more appealing.

David said a one off kit to me but I guess it would be more or less the same as Callum's. They don't have any plans for making it readily available though. Quoted £3,500 fully fitted and mapped. A 225 engine would be awesome but I'd rather keep it a 1.6.

LC":2pvxuzdv said:
Why not get a 200T engine?

Cost I guess.

I doubt you'd be able to find a whole engine, gearbox, ECU, and all the wiring for cheap.

Hi guys,

Was great to see a few of you at FCS this hear, hope to see you again soon.

Time for a bit of an update on the car. I have been in a bit of financial difficulty hence taking so long to make any progress with the car, apologies for that lol.

Finally I have managed to get my arse in gear and have made some good progress this weekend and the car is just about roadworthy now :)
eba7e4ed.jpg

ny8ujyve.jpg

yvegu8ym.jpg

The headlights are now on and the I got the coolant bottle (£52 daylight robbery) so I could rebuilt the front end. It's not all back together, bar a few trim pieces which I need to order at some point.

Car should be going to Renault at some point this week for the ecu to be reset and get the fuel pump going again.

Atleast then the car will be drivable and I can start to save for the rest of the work at KTEC.