Wind GT (Stage 2+) | New Wheels

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sam666":23plcfkd said:
okay i understand why you deleted the post im not slaging ktec off as they did a good job on my car. but they have only mapped a handful of cars since andy left that says something. and i hope that Matteo's car is done up to his standards.
MovingShadow":23plcfkd said:
Actually, Andy is working on my car. He went to get the new ECU for my car. David went for the slave.

MovingShadow":2xfqgtf5 said:
Unfortunately it's not an RS they gave me :p
New Dacia Sandero.

But everyone know's that rental/courtesy cars are the fastest cars...

At least they are sorting it for you. I'd be annoyed but you can't really fault them for how they've dealt with it. Hopefully you have your car back soon

So it became option B. We're on the ferry now heading home.
Had Sean on the phone this morning and now Ktec can take the time to remap it.
Sean, David & Andy will try to finish it as soon as possible.
They were very curious themselfs to see what gains could be achieved with this new clutch.
Sean said that it could be Wednesday or Thursday when they bring my car back.

At least when you get it back, it will already have a good test drive under its belt :)

Did Aurelie enjoy the UK visit?

oscar mentioned to me the other day the gt's should really used the megane injectors due to the % running rate of the 172/182 ones on a mapped GT so would you have been best to run the megane ones?

singlespeed":lpuap1mc said:
At least when you get it back, it will already have a good test drive under its belt :)

She did.. I hope.
At times, it was a little but stressful when we thought we wouldn't be able to get home :-S

About the injectors, that's the first time I've heard of it. Didn't even knew the injectors of a Megane would fit.
But they're tricky to remap with the 172/182 injectors.

MovingShadow":2k8ah5op said:
singlespeed":2k8ah5op said:

She did.. I hope.
At times, it was a little but stressful when we thought we wouldn't be able to get home :-S

About the injectors, that's the first time I've heard of it. Didn't even knew the injectors of a Megane would fit.
But they're tricky to remap with the 172/182 injectors.

yea fitments are the same just different CC it makes sense though to be honest from what he told me like paul from RS was mentioning to me the same thing but its all to do with pressures and flows etc...

Atleast some proof of the work that is being done:

Z6zyxvzl.jpg

dWqxJCal.jpg

Noticed the roof is down.. someone at Ktec has been 'testing' it? :p Can't blame them with the weather of the past few days!

Guess I should give some updates.
Called them yesterday evening.
So here's the deal:
They had a replacement ECU from a spare parts car. They had to 'virginize' it (don't know how you write it) but for some reason it wouldn't work on my car. So they send my original damaged ECU to a company a little further from Ktec who only do ECU's of cars.

Normally they should have it back this morning and have it on the rollers today and have it finished by this evening.. Hopefully!

MovingShadow":1a1zvnff said:
*sigh* I miss my car :-(

Any further updates?

I miss mine too! Its sat on ramps in a vauxhall workshop waiting for new parts to arrive :( while I get given new vauxhalls to drive every few days until I get mine back!

Last time I called was last week Wednesday. I got tired of calling everyday asking for updates.
I guess they'll phone me when it's ready.